Wednesday 29 October 2014

BBC Good Food Bakes & Cakes Show 2014


Last weekend I went to BBC Good Food Bakes & Cakes Show at the Business Design Centre in Islington. One of the companies I work with as part of my job is River Street Events, the organisers of this Show, so I very kindly got a comp ticket to go along. I was really excited about this Show, not only because I had worked on the show guide and not only because it was about baking, but it seemed a much more all round Show than the Cake & Bake Show a few weekends before.


Look at the beautiful show guide! After checking the one most  important thing, the floor plan (which was fine) I set off to look around.

When you walked into the Business Design Centre you had the massive Lakeland stand to your left, the Show Competition in front of you and the interview Stage and WHSmith book shop to your right. If you've read my previous post about the Cake & Bake Show, you'll know that one of the downsides of that Show was the lack of Lakeland's presence. This was more than rectified here. They had a very wide range of items from their latest catalogue and I could have bought everything!


Past these stand was the mezzanine level and that was where the real action was happening. Stands were packed in everywhere and people were milling about chatting to stand-holders and stocking up on goodies. There was a great mix of general baking stands with cutters and decorations on, sugarcraft stands (but not too many which was good), stands selling all the delicious treats you could think of – brownies, cakes, meringues etc, general food stands and other stands like Cats Protection and Papworth Trust. Add to that the Masterclasses and Afternoon Tea features on the Gallery Level as well as the main theatre and there was so much to see and do. You could easily spend a whole day there!

I went off to speak to a few people who I had got into the show guide and the shopped 'til I dropped! Throughout the time I was there, mid-morning, the crowds got bigger and bigger and the atmosphere more and more electric. One advantage was that the roof of the Business Design Centre is glass so the beautiful Autumn weather shone through and made the whole event light and bright.


Here's my haul:

• Two cake toppers from Culpitt Cake Club
• Baking Beans from Lakeland
• Two glade tankards from Simply Vintage
• Baking dished from Lakeland
• Two sausage rolls from Little Jack Horners
• Cupcake toppers from Holly Cupcakes
• A tub of Biscuit Butter (amazing!)
• Four tubs of sprinkles from Purple Cupcakes
• Grater, peeler and brush from Garlic & Grater
• Food colouring from Lakeland

No comments:

Post a Comment